Today’s 2-Minute Marketing Tip: Tactical vs Strategic Marketing
- Do you start out every month wondering where your next paying client is going to come from?
- Do you secretly know that the Coaching and Consulting services you provide are worth a lot more than you’re currently charging, but you feel reluctant to charge more because you’re afraid that if you do, clients will stop buying?
- The amount of time that you’re putting into your business doesn’t seem to match the amount of money that you’re earning or you’re burning yourself out?
- You’re spending so much time, money, and effort on marketing that isn’t working and you’re scrambling for clients instead of actually helping them?
If any of the above resonates with you, this series is for you. I’ll be writing a series of short articles, 2-Minute Marketing Tips, to help you get your business on track.
Today’s episode is on Tactical vs Strategic Marketing.
When clients come to me with challenges like those above, they’re often looking and asking for a sexy new marketing tactic, a magic pill. If only….
In lieu of a magic pill, what do you do? Let’s start with the vital difference between tactical and strategic marketing.
Tactical marketing are things like placing online ads, social media, SEO, joining a networking group, attending trade shows, essentially a marketing medium.
Strategic marketing is how powerful and compelling your messaging is, the message.
What’s more important? (cue drumroll…)
WHAT you say and HOW you say it, are almost always more important than WHERE you say it. In short, strategic marketing wins the game. Many marketing tactics can be effective, if your messaging is right.
Think of it like this —
Has anyone ever caught your eye at a restaurant or club and you think to yourself:
“Wow! I’m interested in that person.”
And then you talked to that person and WHAT they said and/or HOW they said it, immediately killed your interest?
Conversely, have you ever had a conversation with someone you barely noticed and then when they spoke to you, you were immediately interested, because of what they said and how they said it?
This is the difference between tactical and strategic marketing.
In future 2-Minute Marketing Tips, we’ll discuss ways to implement this into your marketing.
To Your Success!
P.S. I’ve put together a free video in which I walk you through a custom, Done-For-You Client Generation System that’ll allow you to Generate 5, 10, 15+ High Paying Coaching or Consulting Clients Each Month.
You can click on the link below to go check it out. Do it now while you’re thinking about it.
Inside the video you’ll learn…
1. The single biggest mistake that most coaches and consultants make when it comes to attracting high paying clients
2. The two critical systems that coaches and consultants who generate high 5, 6 and 7 figures have present in their business and the unsuccessful ones do not
3. The simple, proven 2 step system that generates leads and clients consistently and predictably and how you can put this to work
Click on the link below to go watch it.